When one hears the word 'oasis' here in the JC, they may think that it's food, but for anyone that doesn't get the blessing of nutella and delicious pita every day, the word, 'oasis' might have a different meaning- a refuge from the desert. This is exactly what the JC is to me; an oasis. Today when all the other students had departed and started occupying themselves with whatever students do on Sabbath, I found myself in the midst of a beautiful group engaged in wonderful conversation about balance in life, restraining from wordly influences, having a strategy for the next 5 years verses a plan for the next 5 years and many other things. I couldn't help but keep my hand covering my mouth becasue I didn't want to say something that would derail this burling train full of relevant and pertinent information. Their words were golden; a tincture of heavenly wisdom. What could I add to the conversation? WEll...that's totally irrelevant because all I cared about was sipping from my cup that was far past its capacity with their wonderful ambrosia.
One comment came from a dear friend who've I've learned so much from- Miss Haglund. Her comment was fair beyond her years which made more sense once she attributed it to a friend who is currently serving a missino. She commented on how we can build from any spiritual level where we had currently ended. That sentence most likely makes no sense, but for the sake of those who are reading this, I'll clarify. Example- when you finish serving a missino, you could say that you are at a particular spiritual level. Upon starting a new chapter in your life, you can continue to build from the previous level. This pattern continues as you make yourself through school and as you move onward and upward- a pattern as beautiful as a Bedouin tapestry. I love this becasue it provides a very appeasing and understandable visual and of the spiritual growth that you can develop as you move into new stages in your life. The more you work on your spiritual growth, the more you'll have to build from when a chapter ends. Love it.
The oasis had provided me with wonderful grapefruits yogart, French toast and pastas, but more than the food which fills my belly is the food which fills my soul; the food of friendship and relationships. I have loved what I"ve learned and found a renewed excitement in the fact that I get to put all these things into practice. Woot Woot :)
Yes I love that thought too. And the coolest thing is that if we are living like we should and have the spirit with us, we will be led to have experiences that will take our spirituality up another notch...will teach us more and help us progress in new ways. I'm so grateful for that!
ReplyDelete