8/21/13

Good Times ROll

Dear Mom,

Much has happened in the past three months since you've left; Lizzy delivered two healthy twins, Jesika birthed a healthy 'Quinny', Jackson is stringing together his Cherrios and words to formulate esoteric sentences and Sarah is traveling the continental United States.  Mixed in the midst of this delicious mix is the story of Sarah Ray, the girl who I will call my wife come December.  Here is a little taste of our experience together so far...

It all started about two years ago when she moved into the ward at UAC.  I can't honestly say I remember her moving into the ward, but I do remember seeing her there eventually.  Maybe it was because the spirit was extra strong, or maybe the music a little extra sweet, or perhaps the overall beauty of the ward was augmented but whatever it was, I remember seeing her there after she moved in.  We spent a little time together because Kurt was interested in her roommate...yes they did end up kissing.  As much as I would have liked something to have happened between us while I was there, nothing ever did and we both moved away.

As time passed, her name kept sounding in my ears by a number of different mouths; Amber Astle, Kortney Vandyke (a random girl I met at Kurt's football game), St. George friends, the Petty's, Cheryl Ford, Carli Stone, Stodmeister, Matt Weidmer and so many other people.  They all seemed to know her and know me...very closely as a matter of fact.  After another random connection would be made, I would always think 'what is the purpose of this? Why do we have the connections for something that isn't yet connected?' Such were the thoughts, blind to the possibilities of a future.

So we decided to contact each other.  I would like to say that I was the one who initiated the connection, but it was actually Sarah Elizabeth.  She contacted me on FaceBook with a plea that we hang out and spend some real time together...yeah right she said that.  She briefly made mention of our connections and not much more than that, but I did get in a request that we go climbing or spend some time with each other....and we did.

We quickly took to climbing and did so almost every day.  I just loved to be with her, and she just liked to have fun so it was a win-win situation for both of us.  Pretty soon we were spending time on the weekend with each other, Sunday afternoons and summer nights.  IT was a blast, I loved it and wanted more time with her than the average 24 hrs a normal day would offer.  Little did I know that a 24 hr day just might result in an eternity.


Up next- initiating talks about marriage and speaking with Mr. Ray.


1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this my brother. You really do have a way with words. You two make such a beautiful, wonderful couple. Sarah is so lucky to have you, and you her!

    ReplyDelete